We are looking for a crane operator to safely transport loads to construction sites with the use of lifting equipment, such as cranes in Tanga Region. You will work closely with construction workers and ground operators to complete your daily duties. You will also perform equipment inspections and repairs on a regular basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience with cranes and building materials. Problem-solving and attention to detail are also must-have skills for you, so that you can adapt to different weather conditions and settings.
• Operate cranes.
• Transfer loads to construction sites and discharge safely.
• Bind loads to cranes.
• Inspect equipment and machinery.
• Keep and update maintenance and activity log.
• Carry out basic repairs to machines.
• Set up machinery based on complex manuals.
• Coordinate with ground operators and interpret hand and verbal signals.
• Follow safety guidelines and protocols / Observe all workplace safety rules and regulations.
• Previous experience as a crane operator or a similar role
• Working experience handling different types of cranes
• Ability to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours (Physical ability to stand, crouch, and lift objects throughout your shift)
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Pass medical, drug and background check
• Strong communication skills and ability to read and write in Swahili/English
• Heavy lifting license (preferred)