• Ensuring timely submission of tax returns in all the countries of operation;
• Implementation of all tax related matters, such as Personal Income Tax, PAYE, VAT and WHT are understood and implemented effectively;
• In consultation with the Regional Managers, appointing and monitoring local tax advisors in all the countries of operation in the Africa region;
• Ensuring timely completion of VAT and WHT Reconciliations in all countries of operation;
• Ensuring timely resolution of all company tax issues in the Africa region;
• Tax compliance and advisory on all markets in Africa, including areas where the company is looking to carry out work;
• Conducting project tax reviews;
• Providing Tax training; and
• Any other duties assigned by the Regional Director.
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurate, complete and timely preparation of income tax returns;
• Timely compliance with all tax legislation within the respective countries;
• Mutually satisfactory relationships with key contacts.
Skills and Qualifications
• Preferably a CPA with 4-5 years tax corporate experience;
• Very strong direct and indirect tax skills;
• Experience working with complex corporate/international tax issues at a medium to large company or ‘Big 4’/mid-tier professional services firm;
• A ‘hands on’ individual with a high level of initiative and professionalism;
• A proven ability to meet deadlines;
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with management.