• Desire to work with children, youth and/or adults in a camp setting.
• At least 21 years of age.
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
• CPR and First Aid Training Certificate or higher certification. A copy of their certificate is required to be file at the camp.
• Good character, integrity and adaptability.
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
• Have sufficient emotional stability to meet emergencies with poise and wisdom.
• Have a warm personality and a genuine interest in helping people. Responsible to: Camp Directors and works with Camp Administrator & staff General Responsibilities:
• Implement health care plan and distribute prescriptions and provide general first aid.
• The health and safety of campers and staff. During pre-camp training, discuss the health and safety procedures and precaution routines with staff. Guide the cabin leaders regarding their responsibilities in noting and reporting illness, injury, or unsafe practices and conditions that might contribute to camper and staff accidents.
• Check the camp for health and safety conditions daily. Carefully inspect the restrooms in Nurse’s cabin and make sure they are cleaned every day
• Make sure signed health histories are on site for all campers and staff. Note any health problems, concerns or special items of concern. Notify staff as necessary.
• Keep complete and careful records of all treatment of campers and staff. Record date in the First Aid Log in the Nurse’s Cabin. All entries should be made in ink and include date, name of injured or ill, description of injury or illness, treatment, medication administered, and initials of care giver. No lines should be skipped.
• Check first aid supplies at the beginning and end of the week. Submit to the Camp Administrator a list of items that need to be replaced.
• Make sure all drugs are stored in the Nurse’s cabin and controlled.
• Administer all medications and treatment according to the Standing Orders. Be responsible for all drugs and medicines brought to camp by campers and see they are dispensed as per physician’s orders.
• Accompany ill or injured camper to the hospital with the Camp Administrator
• Ability to communicate and work with groups participating in our programs to provide necessary instruction to campers.
• Ability to observe camper/staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
• Visual, auditory, and physical ability to identify and respond to environmental activities and other hazards related to the activities.
• Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Nursing or related fields
• Experience at least 2 years in working in the same field.