The Social & Gender Specialist will provide assistance in advancing gender by ensuring full integration of gender issues in performance monitoring, evaluation, learning, and other activities.
• Ensure the Gender Equality Policy are applied throughout the activity
• Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all trainings
• Strategize methods to monitor instances of gender disparities and gender-based violence
• Integrate gender analysis and propose additional or alternative measures of gender-related outcomes and impacts.
• Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration
• Other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity targets and goals
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies, gender, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working on gender issues.
• Demonstrated experience with gender integration in development programming.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
• Fluency in Swahili &English, both verbal and written, required.