Mechanical Engineer will ensure successful execution of the specification, design, qualification, and installation of new and modified capital equipment. As a Mechanical Engineer you will be involved with a wide array of construction and equipment such as; building modifications & construction, power transmission equipment, small and large rotating equipment, piping, pumps, blowers, vacuum systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, tanks, pressure vessels, bulk storage silos, exhaust systems, HVAC and many more.
• Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum engineering of assigned projects to meet schedule requirements for the installation and modification of production equipment.
• Mechanical design and development of equipment. From modifications to new processes. Including detailed mechanical drawings detailed for machining and fabrication, along with sizing and selecting power transmission systems and auxiliary equipment, sizing various fluid systems, HVAC, exhaust, pneumatic, water and steam.
• Facilitate communication between vendors and Production, Technical, Sales, Maintenance, and Engineering groups.
• Interface with vendors and contractors on a regular basis to resolve issues.
• Develop and establish cost estimates and project options to support the quoting function.
• Coordinate meetings from kick-off through production trials.
• Supervise contractors and vendors for project installations.
• Create and monitor project timelines.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering (required)
• 3-5 years of design and project management experience
• Strong technical skills in materials, manufacturing, quality, and product design skills.
• Ability to use CAD to design equipment and associated systems along with facility layouts.
• Ability to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
• Ability to accurately quote design, tools/equipment, and parts.
• Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans.