The Vehicle Parts Storekeeper will oversee the replacement parts inventory for the company’s fleet of trucks and automobiles, maintain orderly storage areas and accurate records, and purchase required parts and assemblies.
• Oversees computerized parts catalog system and maintains a running inventory of regular and special-order parts and supplies.
• Dispenses parts to service mechanics.
• Identifies optimum sources for replacement parts and assemblies.
• Purchases standard items.
• Receives and inspects incoming shipments for correct quantity and quality of materials.
• Processes invoices for payments and maintains proper records.
• Obtains quotes on major expenditures and obtains approval for non-routine purchases.
• Maintains knowledge of pricing, changes in parts, and technical service bulletins through collaboration with sales and other company staff.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Basic understanding of automotive parts and mechanical systems.
• Basic mathematical skills to develop and maintain invoices and inventories.
• Proficient with or able to quickly learn the inventory system.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software programs.
Education and Experience:
• Diploma in relevant field
• At least two years of experience in an automotive or truck parts warehouse, repair center, dealership, or similar facility highly preferred.
• Able to work long hours
• Flexible, reliable, hard worker, adaptable, responsible and Team player