As the Sales Manager, you will take responsibility for the company’s existing sales team. The role will involve both managing the sales team and the marketing of products through both national distributors and local dealers.
The company has an excellent reputation and therefore requires an entrepreneurial individual who can successfully create new business, develop existing accounts and maximize commercial relationships.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage sales accounts to achieve targets, reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, to develop and maximize all sales opportunities.
• Develop and execute a cohesive business strategy with a clearly prioritized approach to developing business within each key market.
• Plan and manage sales through distributors, dealers, and other relevant sales outlets.
• Coordinate the company’s trade exhibitions and represent the company at national distributor exhibitions.
• Negotiate and manage contractual arrangements after consultation with the VP of Sales and Marketing for customers as required to enable effective trading, operations, and customer relations.
Skills and Qualifications
Skills & Experience:
• You must be an experienced national upstream oil & gas sector Sales Manager, used to operating through local distributors and dealers with commercial and marketing expertise.
• You must have sales channel development experience in the oil & gas market, including appointing and managing territory licensees, agents, and distributors.
• You also must have demonstrable experience in creating and executing oil & gas industry-specific business strategies, planning, and market assessments.
• Demonstrable experience in creating/opening new markets and new channels upstream.
• Good technical aptitude with the ability to understand and demonstrate technical products, again in the upstream stage of the industry.
• Ability to negotiate effectively at all levels when selling at this stage of the industry.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and lead sales teams in the oil & gas markets.
• Great communication skills
Degree level educated (or equivalent) preferably in business, science, or engineering plus possibly a post-graduate qualification or proven industry experience.
Suitable candidates will be experienced sales and marketing professionals from the upstream oil & gas marketplace, with product-led/focused track records.
- Job Ref:JOB5363
- Job Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Company Industry:Oil/Gas
- Employment Status:Full Time
- Employment Type:Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:Unspecified
- Number of Vacances:1
Send your CV to our e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.