• Issuance of shipping and documentary instructions to suppliers, follow up with suppliers to complete imports documentation.
• Follow up of issues with shipping lines D/Os, ICD nominations, empty units returns and related matters via shipping team.
• Follow up of assignments and various Government permits related matters via imports team.
• Follow up of customs documentation and clearing issues through imports customs operations team.
• Follow up of port / ICD clearing status of consignments, ICD nominations via shipping team.
• Follow up of L/C issuances and related matters i.e. amendments. [Procurement team / Banks]
• Emails and letters correspondence with various correspondents – local and international.
• Outdoors tasks i.e. Customs, banks, ICD, shipping lines, Government Depts, inspection companies, etc.
• Manage clearing of imports consignments and documentation with suppliers, customs, regulatory depts., shipping lines, port/ICD clearances.
• Deal with outside clearing agents for clearing of import consignments.
• Deal with TMDA, TBS, GCLA, Weight & Measures, for import permits and related issues.
• Follow up claims with suppliers, insurance (P&I), TPA, shipping lines, etc.
• Deal with local inspection companies, deal with inspection companies abroad to organize loading inspections for shipments being loaded.
• Payment of taxes, port charges, etc, when required.
• Any other assignments related to imports dept / clearing operations.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Experience not less than one (1) years and already work with reputable organizations in clearing and forwarding.
2. Knowledge of TANCIS
3. Knowledge of Dar Salaam port process and procedures
4. Experience with both container and loose cargo
5. Attention to details
6. Minimum level of education, Certificate preferable in Clearing and forwarding
7. Able to work in multi-culture environment at least already work