Solidaridad Eastern and Central Africa Expertise Centre (SECAEC) is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified Not - For - Profit Organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and with country offices in Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda. SECAEC is one of the nine (9) Regional Expertise Centres of the Solidaridad Global Network Organization, with main office in Utrecht, Netherlands. Solidaridad brings together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all hence “change that matters”.
SECAEC Tanzania Country Office is hosting AgriProFocus and seeks to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Country network Coordinator for AgriProFocus in Tanzania.
The AgriProFocus network is an international multi-stakeholder network with Dutch Roots representing agri-entrepreneurs, private sector enterprises, governments, knowledge institutions and civil society organisations in the agribusiness sector. We are active in 12 countries in Africa and Southeast Asia, and link 25000 agribusiness professionals worldwide. AgriProFocus network in Tanzania has been active since 2013.
AgriProFocus offers concrete network building, Linking, Learning and Leadership solutions to identify opportunities and address challenges in the agribusiness sector. Through network building, AgriProFocus creates a culture of collaboration for sharing information, opportunities, challenges and exploring potential for joint action. The Linking solutions are focused on facilitating new collaboration and partnerships between different stakeholders. The Learning solutions are creating and facilitating the learning environment for stakeholders to learn from and with each other. And the network’s Leadership solutions facilitate the space for stakeholders to set and influence the agenda. These network solutions serve as ‘building blocks’ for our programs.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a country network coordinator who is a strategist, an entrepreneur and a manager. S/he will be responsible for the strategy and the portfolio development of the Tanzania country network. The Country Network Coordinator will achieve this by:
● Building and maintaining strategic relations with members, donors and partners in the country
● Through frequent interactions with different stakeholders, identify both thematic and financial opportunities for network programmes that addresses opportunities and challenges in the agri food sector as well as are innovative and inspiring
● Scout and actively mobilise for opportunities for joint action with partners as well as spearhead resource mobilisation for AgriProFocus services and products.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Proactively engage and develop strong collaboration with strategic partners in the agri-food and business sector.
2. Highly engage in business development by identifying opportunities for AgriProFocus to develop services under our key service areas - Linking, Learning and Leadership
3. Identify and approach potential donors and funders for different program proposals developed
4. Together with other AgriProFocus networks, identify, design and promote regional opportunities for business development.
5. Management of the portfolio of the country programmes, the financial performance and the team
6. Ensure a well functioning country network team by supervising and coaching the team to effectively implement the AgriProFocus strategy
7. Liaise with the host organisation and ensures that the country team makes optimal use of the support of the AgriProFocus global Secretariat
8. Ensures that the experiences and lessons learned in the country network are shared with the global Secretariat and other country teams and gives input and feedback on the strategy of the global network
9. Effective (financial) administration, procurement, suitable and representative housing of the country network as well as other legal requirement
10. Timely reporting (quarterly and annually)
11. Timely monitoring and evaluation on performance and progress of the country network in relation to the global result framework.
Skills and Qualifications
The profile of the candidate should reflect the following experiences:
1. Excellent coordination, networking and team management skills
2. Is agile/resilient to change, is able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and (stimulates others to ) think outside the box
3. Strong (online and offline) network in the agrifood sector and donor community
4. Demonstrated experience and skills in programme management, partnership management, team management, in resource mobilisation and financial administration
5. Excellent communication skills (reading, speaking and written) in English and Swahili
6. Strong focus on creating collective impact and demonstrating the added value of the network
7. Strategic insight, ability to translate global strategy into practice
8. Ready to take initiative lead and has entrepreneurial spirit/attitude.
9. Able to work independently to a high standard and integrity.
10. Well-structured and organised with ability to write report and business correspondence.
If you meet the requirements for this job opening, please send your application indicating the title of position along with one page motivational letter indicating your current and expected gross salary in TZS, an updated CV with three (3) contacts of professional referees in one file to email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications should be sent by 5.00pm 16th November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Solidaridad is a gender sensitive and equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.